Fusion Edge Server Directory
Fusion Edge Server does not use a tranditional database, instead it makes use of the file system and as such requires a 'home directory' from which all sub-directories are derived. This is called the 'Edge Server Directory and sub-directories are used for:
- Importing Content
- Storing previously imported content
- Temporary Files
- Storing audit details on web service usage
- Storing Edge Server Configuration details
The Fusion Edge Server creates the Edge Server Directory on startup, if it does not already exist. The following sub-directories are also created on start-up, if they do not already exist.
- sweep – This folder is periodically polled by the Fusion Edge Server to check for new data
- processing – The Fusion Edge Server copied swept files into this folder for processing
- processed – The Fusion Edge Server moves successfully imported files into this folder, and imports any content from this folder on application start-up
- tmp – This folder is used to store both short lived temporary files, and longer lived cached datasets
Default Edge Server Directory Location
The location of the Fusion Edge Server Directory defaults to:
On a Windows 10 Operating System this will typically be:
C:\users\<your user name>\MetadataTechnology\FusionEdgeServer
On a Unix Operating System, the likely location is:
/home/<your user name>/MetadataTechnology/FusionEdgeServer
Custom Edge Server Directory Location
The location of the Edge Server Directory can be changed by supplying a Java System variable to the JVM on tomcat launch.
The easiest way to achieve this is to create a new file named setenv.bat (or setenv.sh on Unix environments) and place it in the Tomcat bin directory. The contents of this file should state the full location of the properties directory which should be in the appropriate format for your operating system.
An example of setenv.bat
(For Windows systems)
An example of setenv.sh
export JAVA_OPTS=-DEdgeServerDir =/dir/MyDirectory
(For Unix systems)
Note: Fusion Edge Server will NOT start if this value is incorrect or if this directory cannot be written to.